Joining a public library in Singapore is a great way to access a wide range of books, magazines, and other resources. Here's how you can join a public library in Singapore:
1. Visit the National Library Board (NLB) website: Go to the NLB website (nlb.gov.sg) and click on the "Library Membership" tab.
2. Fill out an application form: Fill out an application form online, providing your personal information and proof of identity.
3. Submit your application: After submitting your application, you will receive an email confirming your application.
4. Collect your library card: Once your application has been approved, you can collect your library card at any NLB library. You will need to bring along your identification document and proof of address.
5. Start borrowing: Once you have your library card, you can start borrowing materials from any NLB library. You can borrow up to 20 items at a time.
It's important to know that NLB libraries offer a wide range of services, including free Wi-Fi, computers, and e-books, as well as programs and events for children, teens, and adults. You can find the library nearest you by visiting the NLB website and use the library locator tool.
Also, you should be aware that borrowing period for items borrowed from the library is usually for 3 weeks and some library items are only for loan within the library. You can renew the items or reserve items that are currently on loan.